In Focus: Mobile Applications and eReaders
On 20 September 2012 the Centre for Distance Education held a technology showcase looking at the use of Mobile Applications and and eReaders in higher education, with a special focus on distance and online learning.
The audience for the event included staff from across the Colleges of the University of London and beyond, including programme managers, learning technologists, developers, administrators and senior management staff.
The event featured two strands:
i. Presentations and case studies from the providers of mobile platforms and users showing the sorts of technology available and how it can be used, including:
- CampusM (http://www.ombiel.com/campusm.html)
- AppShed (www.appshed.com)
- Epic (www.epic.co.uk)
- Blackboard Mobile (http://www.blackboard.com/platforms/mobile/overview.aspx)
- Mobile Oxford, University of Oxford (http://m.ox.ac.uk/desktop/)
- Imperial Mobile, Imperial College London (http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/ict/services/softwarehardware/imperialmobile)
ii. Exhibitions stands giving an opportunity to see the technology first hand, including:
- Kobo eReaders (http://www.kobo.com/ereaders/)
Presentations and audio from the event:
SAUL BATZAFIN: IMPERIAL MOBILE – OUR JOURNEY
TIM FERNANDO: MOBILE OXFORD