Research and Innovation in Distance Education and eLearning 2012
Our two keynote speakers for the day were Professor Diana Laurillard, Chair of Learning with Digital Technologies in the Faculty of Culture and Pedagogy, London Knowledge Lab, and Steve Wheeler, Associate Professor in Information and Computer Technology, School of Education, Plymouth University.
Networking and discussion was promoted during the seminars, panel discussions and workshops within our three parallel strands: design for learning; future technology and enhancing the student experience.
You can access keynote videos, presentation slides and other resources below.
- Full conference programme: RIDE 2012 conference programme (19 October)
- You can see a delegate’s view of the day here: http://techenlearn.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/ride2012-research-innovation-in.html.
Diana Laurillard – Teaching as a design science in learning and technology
- Presentations slides (view or download via slideshare): http://www.slideshare.net/CdeLondon/cde-ride-dl
Steve Wheeler – Emerging pedagogies, learning spaces and communities
- Presentation slides (view or download via slideshare): http://www.slideshare.net/CdeLondon/ride-2012-steve-wheeler
OTHER PRESENTATIONS (VIEW OR DOWNLOAD VIA SLIDESHARE)
- Ormond Simpson – E-learning, e-teaching or e-motivation? Preliminary report of the LLB retention project: http://www.slideshare.net/CdeLondon/ride-2012-ret-proj-report
- Patricia McKellar and Steven Warburton – An ePublishing and eReader model for flexible learning and teaching delivery: http://www.slideshare.net/CdeLondon/mc-kellar-warburton-ereaderride2012-v1
- Ormond Simpson and Gwyneth Hughes – You be the judge – some ethical dilemmas in distance education: http://www.slideshare.net/CdeLondon/you-be-the-judge-some-ethical-dilemmas-in-distance-education
- Tom Preskett and Anita Pincas – iSimply: http://www.slideshare.net/CdeLondon/preskett-poster
POSTER DEMO DOWNLOADS
- Communities of practice or practice communities: The role of online discussion in the context of the Master of Teaching (MTeach)
- Communities of practice or practice communities: The role of online discussion in the context of the Master of Teaching (MTeach) [paper 2]
- Research in Practice: From the field to the laboratory – An exciting new module from LSHTM
- What is Beluga Learning?
To see videos and other resources from previous events go to our conferences page.