MOOCs: What we have learned, emerging themes and what next
Senate House, University of London. Tuesday 28 January 2014.
This one-day event took a critical look at how online and open access learning has evolved during the past year, with particular consideration of the development of MOOCs in both the US, India and Europe. This ‘report card’ examined the ways MOOCs are being integrated into university degrees and their emergent impact on mainstream pedagogies as well as models of delivery. Data and analysis on MOOCs experimentation was presented and discussed.
The 130 delegates included senior managers and policy makers in higher education, as well as other stakeholders and innovators in both the public and private sectors.
The event was collaboration between the University of London International Programmes, the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education’s international team and the Observatory on Borderless Higher Education.
Presentations from the day and interviews with attendees can be viewed below (click on ‘playlist’ to view the full list). More will be added as they are available:
- Presentation slides: http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/research-resources/post-event-resources/conferences-and-events/moocs2-resources.cfm
- A review of the day on ‘London Connection’, the University of London International Programmes student online magazine: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/community/londonconnection/articles/features/university-london-hosts-third-one-day-mooc-conference
- A conference report from the OBHE: http://www.obhe.ac.uk/conferences/onlineopenaccs_london/moocs2_confreport
- A blog on the conference and MOOCs from Professor Martin Hall, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Salford: http://blogs.salford.ac.uk/martin-hall/moocs-learned/
- Discussion points from ‘What to do about MOOCs?’ parallel session: What to do about MOOCs discussion
- Two MOOC-related updates from the European University Association: their policy and work areas and an EUA update paper on MOOCs.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.