A core aim of the Centre is to build and facilitate a university-wide community of practice to promote intercollegiate collaboration and knowledge sharing in the field of distance education, and to support the development of expertise in this field at college level.
- The CDE Fellows and Visiting Fellows scheme is central to the development of this community.
- CDE Fellows provide focal points for this activity within colleges and institutes
- They are able to draw on the advisory and specialist services of the Centre, and to act as a conduit to these services for colleagues at both college and faculty levels
- Working together, and with the Centre’s staff and specialist advisors, the CDE Fellows are the core development forum for the Centre, making proposals for strategy and policy to the advisory committee and working together to develop and deliver Centre services.
The CDE Fellows scheme is open to those within the University of London Colleges who have made a significant contribution through publication and practice to the research and pedagogy of distance education, and has recently been opened up to wider distance learning networks to include those involved with student support; learning technology; instructional design; and teaching and learning.
WHO ARE THE FELLOWS?
There are nine CDE Fellows from Colleges of the University of London, and eight CDE Visiting Fellows drawn from external institutions and the CDE’s consultancy network.
- Professor Jenny Hamilton, Director, University of London International Programmes Undergraduate Laws Programme
- Dr Stylianos Hatzipanagos, Senior Lecturer in Technology Enhanced Learning, King’s College London
- Dr Gwyneth Hughes, Reader in Higher Education, Institute of Education
- Dr Endrit Kromidha, Lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Royal Holloway University of London
- Patricia McKellar, Associate Director, University of London International Programmes Undergraduate Laws Programme
- Dr Clare Sansom, Senior Associate Lecturer, Birkbeck
- Dr Ayona Silva-Fletcher, Course Director, The Royal Veterinary College
- Professor Hugh Starkey, Professor of Education, Institute of Education
- Dr Christine Thuranira-McKeever, Director Distance Learning Programmes, Royal Veterinary College
- David Baume, Higher Eucation Consultant
- Professor Stephen Brown, Professor of Learning Technologies, De Montfort University
- John Dickens, Higher Education Consultant
- Jon Gregson, Head of Knowledge Services / Director of Mobilising Knowledge for Development, University of Sussex
- Dr Roger Mills, Educational Consultant, Research Associate/Senior Member, St Edmund’s College, Cambridge
- Ormond Simpson, Education Consultant
- Professor Alan Tait, Professor of Distance Education and Development, Open University
- Professor Steven Warburton, Head of Department of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL), University of Surrey
JOINING THE FELLOWS
If you are interested in joining the CDE as a Fellow or Visiting Fellow you can register your interest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org